Matthew Macy is a 1997 graduate of Emory Law School, and started practicing law that same year.
Matthew represents businesses and individuals in Georgia and Colorado in areas such as:
- Intellectual Property (trademark, copyright, trade secrets)
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate (contracts, boundaries, ownership disputes, landlord-tenant)
- Real Estate Broker Disputes
- Business Bankruptcy
- Business Formation and Disputes
- Estate Planning, Probate, and Probate Litigation
He has a blog that you can read here. The topics vary, and the blog even has posts about the growing trend of marijuana legalization.
Matthew taught a continuing education course for real estate licensees called “Disclose and Advise,” covering the real estate agent’s duties of disclosure and the pitfalls that come from not complying with that duty. He is looking to expand his continuing education offerings.
His teaching does not stop there. He has been part of Emory Law School’s Kessler-Eidson Program for Trial Techniques for the past few years and plans to continue. Emory Law’s Trial Techniques is a learn-by-doing program for Emory Law students to learn how to represent a client at a trial. Matthew also has been on the faculty at programs by NITA (National Institute for Trial Advocacy) to teach and hone the deposition and trial skills of practicing lawyers.
Matthew is admitted to practice in the following jurisdictions:
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Eastern Wisconsin
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Professional honors include:
- “Employment Law and Medical Marijuana – An Uncertain Relationship” 41 The Colorado Lawyer 57 (Jan. 2012). In 2013, the Colorado Court of Appeals cited my article in Coats v. Dish Network, LLC, 2013 COA 62, ¶ 14.
- Successfully represented a client in a matter resulting in a reported decision, ICG Communications, Inc. v. Allegiance Telecom, Inc., 211 F.R.D. 610 (N.D. Cal. 2002).