Erin L. G. Lewis joined Cohen, Cooper, Estep & Allen as a partner in 2009 and assists clients in the areas of business law, litigation, construction, renewable energy projects, intellectual property matters, trademark filing and prosecution, contract and estate planning matters. She works closely with numerous business owners in various areas of general business law, negotiations and complex commercial suits. Erin’s current and prior clients include physicians, software developers, engineers, contractors/construction companies, solar developers, electrical contractors, modeling and talent agencies, and state and local governmental entities. Not only has she worked in federal and state courts in various jurisdictions inside and outside of Georgia, Erin has also handled alternative dispute matters (mediation and arbitration) lasting from half a day to over five days. Due to her broad range of experience she is able to work with clients having diverse legal needs.
Prior to joining CCEA, Erin was the general counsel for an international technology company which specialized in developing and licensing ground penetrating radar and its proprietary software. She managed the company’s litigation, which was spread over multiple states and jurisdictions (Georgia, Massachusetts, Florida, New York and Washington, D.C.), often overseeing multiple employees and in-house and outside attorneys. Erin also gained extensive experienced in assisting with the prosecution of the company’s patents globally and in litigating multiple intellectual property disputes. Erin previously worked as an associate in large firms in Macon and Buckhead focusing on corporate defense, business law, insurance defense, personal injury, HIPAA regulations, garnishments, real estate and employment matters.
Erin received her Juris Doctor degree in 2002 from Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law in Macon, Georgia, where she was a member of the Bootle Inn of Courts and served as the President of the Christian Legal Society. She is a native of Jacksonville, FL and graduated with honors from the University of Florida in 1996 after obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science/International Politics with a minor in Religion. During her undergraduate studies, Erin also attended Georgetown University, George Washington University (both in Washington, DC) and the University of Utrecht, Netherlands, in furtherance of an educational emphases on international relations and foreign language studies. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Erin was involved in multiple interesting projects: marketing efforts for non-profits and fund raising for an international war-relief group; legislative intern in Washington, D.C.; and assisted paleontologists from the Smithsonian Institute in dinosaur excavations (Maryland and Wyoming). She now stays busy between work, serving at her church and at home with her husband and three boys.
Areas of Practice:
- Business and Commercial Law, Contracts
- Intellectual Property/Trademarks
- Renewable Energy Projects
- General Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions (Mediation and Arbitration)
- Estate Planning
- Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, Macon, GA, J.D., 2002.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, B.A, honors, 1993-1996; University of Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands, Certificate of European Government, Summer 1995; and Georgetown University and George Washington University, Washington, D.C., Intensive Spanish Colloquium I and II, Summer 1996.
- State Bar of Georgia, 2002
- Georgia Supreme Court, 2002
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2002
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 2002
- United States District Court of the Middle District of Georgia, 2002