As transactional counsel to clients, Nancy has advised clients throughout the life-cycle of a project or entity. She likes to joke that watching a film, or using a piece of software, is really a manifestation of contracts come to life. To that end, Nancy has advised clients on:
- Corporate Transactions – Entity formation, financing, succession planning, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
- Intellectual Property – Trademark and copyright matters, including registration, enforcement and exploitation.
- Intellectual Property Transactions – Intellectual property licensing, joint development and ownership agreements for intellectual property assets.
- Entertainment – Development, production and distribution of creative projects in film, television and music.
- Technology – Licensing agreements, privacy and terms conditions among other contracts as well as regulatory compliance.
- Manufacturing – Manufacturing and distribution agreements, product safety compliance.
- Privacy- General Data Privacy Regulation (“GDPR”) as well as overall data privacy compliance.
A sought after speaker and writer, Nancy has spoken at conferences including SXSW and the Atlanta Film Festival and written for publications ranging from news.com to the Atlanta Business Chronicle. She is a member of a number of organizations including the American Bar Association, WIFTA, and the Georgia Production Partnership. Nancy provides pro-bono legal services through the Georgia Lawyers for the Arts program. Additionally, Nancy is an active member of the community volunteering with organizations that provide services to children and the homeless.
Nancy is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A.) and Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D.). She is a member of the State Bars of Georgia and Tennessee, and that of the District of Columbia.